What is MarginPlus?
Have you ever missed an investment opportunity because you did not have enough funds to trade? MarginPlus is the solution you've been waiting for!
According to the new regulations by SEBI, effective 1st August, the cash collateral ratio for an order must be at least 50:50 for all your trades. This means that at least 50% of the order’s value must be paid using cash, and the remaining can be in the form of non-cash collateral (pledged securities).
To help our investors, 5Paisa is delighted to introduce our latest product MarginPlus to all its users! MarginPlus is the most preferred feature that will help every trader/investor to meet their cash margin requirements to purchase additional stocks at a nominal interest rate. With MarginPlus, you can trade effortlessly even with no cash in your trading account, using only your available stock holdings!
MarginPlus will be available to users starting from 1st August 2022.
Benefits of having MarginPlus
- Zero cash margin requirement for Intraday trades across all segments, no interest charged.
- No need to maintain a 50% cash margin in F&O (Lowest interest rates @10.95% p.a.)
- Avail up to 5X margin funding for cash delivery orders starting at @ 0.045% per day
- Real-time activation of MarginPlus while placing orders across segments
- Increase your ROI on short-term trades with the help of funding
To know details on Interests levied on the funded amount, refer to the table below:
*Interest rates given above for the cash segments are applicable from 1st Oct, 22. Prior to that interest rates in the cash segment were flat 0.06% per day.
*Net Worth includes your holdings in cash & stocks on 5Paisa.
Key benefits for margin plus customer over non-margin plus customers
Minimum Cash Margin Requirement for MarginPlus User vs. Non-MarginPlus user
Notes to remember:
- You will need to pledge your existing holdings to avail the MarginPlus benefits
- You will be required to pledge the shares purchased against collateral for funding the next day.
- Interest will be changed only to the extent of funding used from 5Paisa
- Activation of margin plus will be real-time, while deactivation of the same will take 24 hours
- The Margin Plus feature will be available from 1st August 2022 onwards.
- Margin Trading Facility will now only be provided to the MarginPlus customers