If I have zero cash balance in my trading account but have shares in my portfolio, how can I trade?
You can trade even without any cash in your account. First you need to make sure that you have MarginPlus activated, then you can pledge the stocks in your demat account. Pledging will allow you to use collateral margin for your trades. Usually you cannot trade using only collateral margin, however MarginPlus allows you to trade entirely using collateral against a nominal interest rate!
To pledge your stocks for collateral benefit, you need to follow the below steps:
- Go to the 'HOLDINGS' page on the 'BOOK' section in your 5paisa Mobile app.
- Click on the Pledge/Unpledge button on the bottom right side of your screen, after which you can select the shares you wish to pledge and click on the 'Submit Request' button
- A link for OTP authentication will be generated and sent on your registered Mobile Number and registered Email ID from CDSL (Depository Participant).
- On clicking the link, you will be redirected to the CDSL webpage and prompted to enter your PAN or BOID (Your Demat account number. You can check your demat account number in the Profile section of App and web).
- Once the valid PAN / BOID are entered, a list of all transactions pending for authentication will be displayed to you. After that, OTP will be generated and sent on registered Mobile Number and registered Email ID of the client. OTP will remain valid for 15 minutes only.
- You will have to then authenticate the same by entering the OTP after which the pledge shall be marked in favour of 5Paisa.
- Once your request is received the margin benefit will be given to you on the same day.
How to Withdraw Funds from Trading Account to Bank Account?
This is to inform you about an important update in our Funds Payout Procedure i.e. Withdrawal of funds from your 5paisa Trading A/c to your Bank A/c. Effective from Monday, 12th Dec 2022 we will no longer be allowing the same day Pay-out of funds ...
How Portfolio is computed?
Portfolio is computed based on the following factors - Delivery Trades done by you through 5paisa trading account. Corporate actions that are applied on the stocks you have purchased. Off-Market share transfers (Inward/Outward) in your Demat account ...
Can I trade through Stocky5?
Yes of course! The stock trading through stocky5 is patented and you can trade only if you have the Demat account with us. If you do not have a Demat account, then you can register with Gmail and access the app but won't be able to trade through ...
When will my corporate action start reflecting on portfolio?
Portfolio applies corporate action as per ex date. Hence, corporate action effect will start reflecting on your portfolio from ex date. However, shares may take time to get credited in your demat account. In some cases, shares are received within ...
What is Intraday and Delivery Trading?
If customer wishes to trade in stock market, there are 2 types of trades wherein customer can trade. Intraday: When you buy or sell stocks on same day then it is called as Intraday Trading. If you buy shares today you need to square off your position ...