Segment: Cash Segment NSE & BSE
Intraday Buy Exposure
Intraday Sell Exposure
Haircut is the difference between the market value of the collateral (here the shares are pledged as collateral) and the loan that the stock broker gives you in order to trade in stock market. It is generally expressed in terms of percentage.
Segment: NSE Derivatives
Segment: Currency Derivatives
Note: Exposure is calculated as per the Available Margin only
Orders in physical settlement compulsory derivatives (Communication Insight) :
As per the SEBI guideline, we have to block additional margin on current expiry long option positions four (4) trading days prior to expiry of derivative contract.
- 10% of Delivery margins computed on Expiry - 4
- 25% of Delivery margins computed on Expiry - 3
- 45% of Delivery margins computed on Expiry - 2
- 70% of Delivery margins computed on Expiry - 1
In addition to margins applicable for F&O segment, delivery margins shall be levied on current expiry long option positions four (4) trading days prior to expiry of derivative contract which has to be settled through delivery.
In view of the recent SEBI / Exchange guidelines on calculation and reporting of margins, we will be effecting the following changes in calculation of margins for your account effective tomorrow:
- Profit realised in intraday trades will not be considered as margins till the settlement is completed by T+2. Hence, execution of fresh trades in F&O during the day against such profit will be disallowed.
- Option premium released during the day on account of squaring off an existing long option position will not be considered as margins for executing any fresh trades during the day. It can only be adjusted against premium required for Buying further options.
Please note that any fresh trades executed in your account which is not in adherence to the above shall be subject to margin shortfall penalty.
You are therefore requested to ensure adequate margin availability in your account before placing any fresh trades.